Friday, December 28, 2012

Ain't it da truth.

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."

I've seen that credited to a few different people, so who knows who actually said it. Whoever it was, they were pretty sharp.

--------------------

Last night we rented a uhaul to move Sunrise's stuff to his new place and to a storage unit. We got a late start, so it was cold and icy.
Doing it earlier wouldn't have mattered though; the tires on the uhaul still would have sucked and we still would have gotten stuck without any traction at the bottom of a steep culdesac and we still would have had to get the uhaul towed.
Yeah. That was fun.

--------------------

Today was the first day I would have normally been working. Instead, I spent all day packing (with a little break I probably shouldn't have taken to get a massage a friend owed me). I mainly focused on dishes today. They are almost all packed now, and I just need to figure out a good way to pack pots & pans. Or rather, something to pack them IN. We are woefully short on moving boxes. Sunrise picked up a few from the comic shop today, but he said the majority of what they had were too small for much of anything... :/
So tomorrow we try to get some free packing boxes/materials from craigslist. Meanwhile, HOLY CRAP TWO DAYS
Ahem. I meant to say... Meanwhile, we have to pick up the truck for Monday's move tomorrow because of the stupid holiday. Whose genius idea was it to move on New Year's Eve? Sunrise wanted me to wait until spring, but nooooo... Oh well. Stuck with it now.
It will all be ok.
Because it has to be.

--------------------

Also, just to top it off, packing has been covering my hands in dust which turns into grime and drives me crazy. So I've been washing my hands a bajillion times a day (seriously, I counted—bajillion). The thing about washing your hands so much is it sucks the moisture out of your skin like a frickin' Dementor for your hands. I have a rash all over the dorsal side of my hands and the anterior side of my wrists, extending up my forearms. I'm afraid to put lotion on at this point because I know it'll burn with the fiery, barbed tongue of a devilcat. Whine whine whine. Harden up, Martha.

No comments:

Post a Comment