Saturday, December 8, 2012

Oh hell.

I have really fallen off the wagon lately... double oops. At this point, I'm not going to promise daily posts anymore. I will try, but I really have to get cracking on packing.

------------------

Today has been a day of indulgence. I think that's allowed, considering.

On a completely unrelated note (heh), how many things can I soak in liquor and/or light on fire before consuming?

------------------

We decorated the Christmas tree the other day... Yes, one of those days that I didn't write a post on here...

This is the first real Christmas tree we've ever had. Once we used a tiny fake tree my mom got for my doll when I was a kid. It was nice, but you know... just not the same. I love the smell of a Christmas tree. We were hoping to get a Balsam Fir, but apparently nobody in town had any, so we went with a Noble Fir. It's a little shorter than me, and admittedly I was a little disappointed about that at first. I have grown to love it though. I think I was just comparing it to Christmases past, when the tree towered over me when I was a kid. I do prefer trees bigger than I am, but I can get the same effect by sitting by the tree instead of standing. And it does look lovely with the lights and beads and ornaments.




------------------

The other day while cleaning up, I found a book that I don't even remember having. It is astonishingly fitting to this part of my journey though: How To See Yourself As You Really Are by His Holiness the Dalai Lama. "In How To See Yourself As You Really Are, [HHDL] shows readers how to recognize and dispel misguided notions of self and embrace the world from a more realistic—and loving—perspective. Step-by-step exercises help readers shatter their false assumptions and ideas and see the world as it actually exists." That is pretty much my main goal of life right now. I know this book will not fix everything for me, but hopefully it will make my journey faster and easier. I am so tired of my learned misconceptions of the world and myself causing me, and people I love, pain.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment