Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Gimme some cheese with my whine...

I was at Thump in between clients getting a Mayan cocoa and the barista filled it to just short of overflowing, which meant the whipped cream stuck up over the edge of the cup about an inch. I had to put a lid on it and get back to my office, so I was trying to take sips of it first so I wouldn't spill it all over while putting the lid on. I dribbled a tiny bit on my chin in the effort. I grabbed a napkin and was cleaning up and feeling a little self-conscious. For some reason, the barista decided at this point that it was a good idea to tease me for spilling. I just said "yeah" and left. I was unreasonably angry. I wanted to have said "Fuck. You." instead. I'm glad I didn't, because I recognize that that would have been a horrible overreaction, but I sure felt like it.

I guess I'm a little sensitive today.

---------------

So many Halloween festivities to choose from! I'm going to try to make it to the Monster Ball on Friday, the McMenamins party on Saturday, and cosmic bowling at Sun Mountain then Silver Moon (solely for the screaming contest which I WILL WIN) on Halloween itself.

Also, I finally made my Halloween costume last night and it looks awesome and I'm really excited. I think maybe this year I won't have to explain to every single person what I am. Hopefully. As a friend said, "never underestimate the stupidity of the public". XP

---------------

I'm having another one of those times when the thought of eating anything makes me feel sick. It sucks. Maybe I could have soup. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Update: I feel worse now. I have a migraine—complete with horrible head pain, sensitivity to light and sound, and pretty severe nausea.

    It's been so long since I've had a migraine; I kinda forgot what they feel like. I remember now.

    ReplyDelete