Friday, November 16, 2012

Twenty-six and a half years of what?

I've always been a quiet person, at least when first getting to know someone. Usually, if I don't have something of worth to say, I just don't speak. (see picture at bottom of post)
I've also noticed over the last few years that I have grown so accustomed to people talking over or for me that I'm not good at speaking for myself when I do get the chance.

Today I was at dinner with two people who are both very dear to me.

They have both been places and done things.

It made me realize that I really haven't.

So I spent most of the dinner silent.
I must be a really boring person. :/

2 comments:

  1. Well, you were busy doing things while they were doing whatever things they did.

    I really enjoy swapping notes with friends, after I say "oh, I had this one summer I lived in Oregon and it was awesome and there were sea lions" I ask "what did you do that summer?" and it's fun to see what path the other person was on.

    Share your story- its more interesting that you think!

    ReplyDelete