Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lost doggy!

Today on the walk to my office, I came across a border collie nestled in some bushes beside the sidewalk. As I got close, she began to trot away. I called out with a friendly tone, but she kept moving away from me. I knelt down and kept beckoning her. She eyed me suspiciously then continued walking in the opposite direction. I walked toward her some more and then knelt down again and patted my lap while calling to her. This time I guess she decided that I was ok, because she ran over to me and, after some sniffing, let me pet her. The poor thing was shivering and wasn't wearing a collar. I called Animal Control and waited with the doggy, playing fetch with a pine cone. She was so friendly and could jump so high! Animal Control showed up pretty quickly and the doggy looked like she wanted to run again. I started petting her vigorously to distract her while the AC guy got ready with a leash and collar. When he was ready, I threw the pine cone up again and when the doggy returned it to me I threw it over by the AC guy. She rushed over to him and was just as friendly as she'd been with me. He slipped the collar on her and she jumped into his truck.

I hope her family finds her soon and won't let her out unsupervised without a collar anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment